Saturday, July 5, 2014

Trying to be consistent ----- !!!!

So much to do; so much to learn!!  I love to Craft. I have been doing it since very my very young days.  At least I am showing that you CAN teach an old (I'm not a dog!!) (sort-of-old) wondrous personality (I like that one!) new tricks (?) nah, new things, new crafts, new recipes, new interesting things. (Much Better !!)

I wanted to do and be many things in my lifetime, but many obstacles came my way for a few of them; and maybe for a good reason.  Let's see -- Auto Mechanic, U.S. NAVY, Hairdresser in NYC, Home Construction -- Creativity is in my blood!!  As I look back, I can see why a lot of these vocations did not pan out - or maybe I gave up too easily ??? 
I really loved working on cars - my boyfriend and I took apart his GTO to put new rings on his pistons in the engine -- that was a heavenly accomplishment - I loved getting greasy hands and the feeling of accomplishment after it was done.  I changed my own oil and even took parts from other cars to fix my tail-lights on my car (splicing wires and such) OH WHAT FUN !!! And the best part about it was that when I pulled the knob - they worked !!!
The NAVY??  My mom and dad would not sign for me to go in -- (good thing --- VIETNAM)
That was a close one !!
Hairdresser in NYC??? -- I didn't want to leave home at that point (boyfriend, of course)
Home Construction?? -- I wanted to take a class of Industrial Arts in my high school (WAMOGO Regional H.S.)  and I was told that was a BOY'S CLASS so I was refused (that was in 1960, imagine that!!)  When I got older, I took a woodworking class in an Adult Continuing education course -- I did have fun with that -- I loved making things with wood and other such things  -- It all had to do with crafts !!

I have made jewelry, crocheted a LOT of Christmas presents, sewed a lot of clothes (even gowns) for dances and weddings (I still like to sew) -- and now I make cards and I love to scrapbook -- I can't afford those trips people go on -- too overwhelming to be in a group of hundreds of people.... I like small groups!! 

OK enough of this one post -- I am going to try to be more consistent (hopefully I will be successful!!

Thank you, Lord, for another day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment