Saturday, February 4, 2012

2 New Projects Finished !!

Hi There !!  It's the start of a brand new weekend in Connecticut!!  The other night the weatherman said....we could expect "snow-showers"....and woke up to see absolutely  nothing !!  Well, the way I feel now, the beautiful temps we have been having............it's too late to have snow now....I'm ready for spring.  My son's peach tree has buds and I've been taking the grand-kids on the swings and playing basketball with them.  Now all I have to do is attach the wagon to my bicycle and I can take them for a ride !!  I love getting them outside!!

So now, Wednesday night I finished the "Cascading Card" for the This or That challenge on SCS.  Just took awhile to get the pictures and editing them to see which one I was going to post.  OK...here it is for TLC362.


I hate to even send it now, I like it so much !!  It's for a cousin in NY for her birthday.  I also finished a "Smash Book" for her for a present.  I don't have a picture of that, but if you look up Smash Books on You Tube, you can see what I am talking about.  It's a really cool thing to do and make to get rid of odd designer papers and papers in general.  It was a fun project !!   

I would like to set a goal for my card-making, but I am sooooo afraid to look foolish if I couldn't complete my goal.  But I would like to see how far I could get.  Ok so for the year my goal is (let's be reasonable now) to be         at        least   150  cards.                                                                  (Now I have to count just how many I did make  -- Oh more work!! )                                                                                                     


I really want to enter some contests, since I missed the last one because of a holiday; the cards wouldn't have gotten postmarked by the date indicated in the guidelines--so I missed out on that contest.  So now the date is March 20 and i am getting ready for this contest now!!  (But the writing on the back of the card kills me !!)   That's OK...I will choose to suffer a little for the sake of designing with a possibility of getting known  and published !!  That would be sooooo coooooool to see my name in print as a card designer !!

Ok, off to bed  --  Thank you Lord for giving me a desire and the talent to design cards and any other talent that I have that I have used to gift and earn money to feed my family at a time when it was needed.

Good-Night All and Thanks for Looking !!


No comments:

Post a Comment